Thursday, July 26, 2007

Viva La Holy Crap Like An Astronaut

In the past few days, I've read several blog entries about phrases various bloggers like to use.

My friend Marla wrote about her old favorite, "holy crap Batman" and new favorite, "crazy like an astronaut," which came from her friend Sam, who wrote about her friend Lisa's theory that you can't overuse the phrase, "viva la _____." She included a link to Lisa's blog with a post on this same theory.

Never wanting to be left out of the fun, I can't help jumping on the bandwagon here and sharing one of my favorite phrases.

Stupid stupid.

As one might guess, this phrase is best used to convey extreme displeasure. It's best if the emphasis is on the second "stupid," as if to say, this is so stupid that you just can't help saying the word twice. For example: I can't believe I have to work late tomorrow. Stupid stupid!

It's not a classic, like "holy crap Batman," and it lacks the current event-iness of "crazy like an astronaut" and the zing of "viva la _____." But I use it daily, and I like it.

4 comments:

hellokitty9276 said...

well, not everyone likes "holy crap batman." remember rick thought it was annoying and told me so??

i love it when you say "stupid, stupid"

you should blog about your rating of how your day went "medium"

hellokitty9276 said...

ummm....did i ever care about rick???

Erika said...

Don't tell me you don't know what love is
When you're old enough to know better
When you find strange hands in your sweater
When your dreamboat turns out to be a footnote
He's the man with a mission in two or three editions

hellokitty9276 said...

i had to google that one...but, it was quite suave. very very suave. too bad elvis was too lame for the party.