Saturday, July 21, 2007

My Buddies and Mii


After an exhaustive search, we finally found one.

Three nights ago, my husband announced to me that he had, that day, purchased a Wii. The next night, we hooked it up, and the fun began.

I hadn't actually played any Wii games before, because the only time I'd had an opportunity was when I was with my husband's family, and I have a strict rule not to play games with them. (They're ultra competitive. Monica Gellar has nothing on my family-in-law.) But I'd watched them play, and it looked like fun, so I was excited to try out the new system.

It was fun; for the past few days, I've really enjoyed playing the Wii Sports, which is the only game disk we have so far. I'm getting pretty good at the bowling (my personal best -- 194) and even though I've never played a real-life game, my Wii tennis skills aren't half bad. Indeed, this is probably the most sporty I've ever been.

But the most fun, at least in this beginning stage, is making Miis. For those who haven't seen the commercials, Miis are little characters you can make to look like yourself or your friends or anyone you want playing with you. My Mii is my favorite, because she's wearing makeup and has perfect hair, even after three innings of baseball. (I took a few liberties on the hair, though; I couldn't bring myself to subject my Mii to my current soccer mom cut.) But once I got started, I couldn't stop.

In the bowling game, the Miis you make show up to cheer you on, and in the baseball game, they play on your team. It's more fun to see your friends and family in your games than the default Wii Miis (although there is a great one who looks just like Rick James; I wouldn't mind seeing him more), so after my husband and I made ours, we proceeded to begin to make Miis of our families and friends. It's pretty fun seeing my sister's husband jump up and down when I get a strike in bowling, and it's even cooler seeing my mom hit a three-run homer in baseball.

But if I start talking about what the Miis are doing as if it's actually the real people doing these things, I hope someone will intervene and take me back out into the real world. Except for my perfect hair and makeup; I'd like to keep that. I need to look good in case Rick James ever wants to play baseball.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.