Sunday, December 09, 2007

An Opening for a Princess

I'm pretty sure my parents have been lying to me all my life.

I don't think I'm a regular gal from Pennsylvania after all. I am now fairly certain I'm actually a princess.

I don't mean "princess" in the spoiled way; I mean actual princess. See, I've been waking up with a backache for several days now, so I figure there must be a pea under my mattress somewhere. I thought at first it might just be that the mattress is old (I'm not sure how old, as it was my husband's before I was), but I kept piling extra padding on top of it and it's still not working.

So if anyone out there wants to restore me to my rightful place in some royal palace somewhere, I'm ready.

Otherwise, it hasn't been all that interesting of a weekend, but here are some "in other news" tidbits I just know everyone out there will find fascinating.

- I saw a little boy last night who looks exactly like Charlie Brown would look if he were a real kid.

- I went yarn shopping three times and plan to go again tomorrow. I think someone might have to enroll me in some sort of yarn addiction program, or, failing that, AARP.

- I had a dream last night that I was married to Steve Carell and some kid robbed our house of non-perishable food. And later, I had a dream that -- with my actual husband, and his actual family -- I went into outer space. Apparently, my in-laws had some sort of RV, but you took it to space instead of Yellowstone. Also, it was shaped like a snowman.

No comments: