Thursday, December 13, 2007

The Gift That Gave Twice

My sister once left a comment on this blog that I always write about the dumb things she does but never anything complimentary.

Well, this must be the week to highlight her generous side, because I got another gift from her yesterday.

Every year around Christmas, my sis and her husband send out gifts from a company called Swiss Colony. They have meat and cheese logs, pancake mixes, nuts, truffles, all kinds of goodies. This year, my Swiss Colony package included the "blueberry breakfast," which came with pancake mix, blueberry syrup, jam, bread and a few other things, all in a nice blue stoneware bowl. Unfortunately, the bowl came severely cracked, so I called the company to ask for a replacement.

They couldn't replace just the bowl, so instead, they're sending me a whole new blueberry breakfast package. It won't come until late January, but that's fine with me. After all, it was only the bowl that was broken; everything else was fine. I'm really looking forward to all the blueberry goodness.

And as for my sister, or anyone else who wants to be featured in a nice way on this blog, the lesson here is clear: Send me presents.

No comments: