Sunday, December 02, 2007

If Anyone Needs A Scarf, Let Me Know Now

I know it's not altogether polite to brag about what one spent on something, but I can't help sharing my fantastic (albeit a bit dorky) find.

Yesterday, I decided to check out a local craft store's yarn prices, as I've been crocheting quite a bit lately and spending a lot on yarn. The price for the stuff I regularly buy was the same as the store I frequent; however, this place had quite a few varieties on sale for 99 cents per skein! It was nice stuff, too, that typically goes for five or six bucks.

I picked up as much as I could carry (literally) and took it to the register; it cost about $13 for everything. But it wasn't until I got home and added up the tag prices that I realized just how much money I had saved. Had I paid full price, that yarn would have been more than $80.

I didn't take the find for granted, though; as a thank-you to the yarn gods, I helped a lady in the store find a few things her daughter needed to finish a project. I hope it will give me good karma for my next yarn shopping adventure.

No comments: