Friday, August 17, 2007

I'm Ready For My Closeup, Mr. Bale

It's a good thing our color doesn't change with our emotions, because right now, I'd be green all over.

It was a month ago that I attended the casting call for the new Batman movie, and I've yet to hear a peep. I'm not entirely surprised; I'm sure they have thousands of people to choose from, and there isn't anything all that distinguishing about me or my appearance that would make me stand out from the crowd.

Even so, I am insanely jealous that one of the pals who went to the casting call when I did has been chosen for the movie. (Not that I feel he took a part I could have had -- he's a black man and I'm a white woman, so I doubt they put our pictures side-by-side and said, "they're both so right for this, who should we choose.") The funny thing is, though, of the three of us who attended the call, he's the one who was least into it; he didn't even really want to go at first. It's so not fair.

Even worse, the other pal I was with at the casting call actually spotted Christian Bale yesterday. He was walking to the bank, and his journey happened to take him right by the set, where he saw my favorite actor standing near a food table.

So when do I get my turn for a little Batman fun? They'll only be here a few more weeks, so I'm not all that optimistic...but if the universe is just, my phone will be ringing shortly.

No comments: