Sunday, February 24, 2008

So Many Good Deeds, So Little Time To Write About Them

It's been awhile since I've updated my good deeds, so here's a rundown from the past week, going backwards.

Today's good deed was another pleasant conversation with someone I don't like. Not the same person as before though. This time, my pleasant conversation was with my downstairs neighbor, Mr. McCrochety. This was a very difficult good deed to do.

Yesterday's good deed was being patient with the hapless waitress who waited on me, my husband, three of his sisters and their significant others. She did fine, considering the largeness of the group, but she never did bring the water I asked for, and she had to talk to me three times about the kind of bread that would be used for the sandwich I ordered. But I went easy on her because I had deviated from the menu to begin with, and she seemed genuinely sorry about the whole bread thing.

Friday's good deed was a work thing, so I don't really want to talk about it, since I don't like to blog about my job.

Thursday, I made dinner, even though I hurt my foot somehow, and it was really killing me.

Wednesday was another work good deed.

Tuesday, I sent a birthday card and gift to a friend I don't talk to very often and haven't really exchanged gifts with since high school. But I thought she'd like both the card and the gift (she e-mailed me the other day to confirm this), so I thought it would be a nice thing to do.

Monday's was another work thing, and it kind of ended up backfiring. I did something I thought was above and beyond, and I ended up being asked why I didn't just do the minimum. My bad. But I still count it as a good deed because I thought I was doing something nice.

Last Sunday, I videotaped my husband shoveling water out of the garage so he can show it to the condo association people and get the flooding problem fixed.

Last Saturday, I saved a life. No, really. Stella got a hold of a plastic lei that was around the fishbowl where my betta, Ivan, lives, and she was pulling it -- and, consequently, the bowl -- to the edge of the coffee table. I got there just in time before Ivan and his bowl came crashing to the floor. I also did a good deed for myself by getting an 80 minute massage.

And finally, last Friday, I rearranged my day so that everyone who needed me for something would have me when they needed me, even if it was inconvenient for me.

No comments: