Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Valerie Harper Will Not Hide In The Fruit Cellar

A coworker who recently returned from a trip to Ireland told me today about an awful B&B where she stayed while there. It was a long, sordid tale, but the gist is that the owners (a shirtless farmer and his butcher-apron-clad wife) were inattentive, the rooms were full of mosquitos (but no heat), the curtains in the bathroom were see-through and there was a machete underneath one of the bedroom windows.

I was relaying the story to my husband this evening, and when I got to the part about the machete, he said, "boy, it's like Jason Bateman lives there."

"Um...Jason Bateman?" I was sure he had to mean someone else, unless Bateman's performance in Teen Wolf Too was really that scary for him.

"Yeah, from Psycho."

Yeah, he'd been thinking of Norman Bates.

No comments: