Thursday, October 09, 2008

An Open Letter To CNN.com

Dear CNN.com,

My boss says that when giving criticism to someone, you should open with a compliment, then give your criticism, then close with a compliment, so the person or party doesn't think you're being too harsh. That said, I'd like to tell you a few things.

1. You're pretty good at taking a news story from a few years ago and making it look like a new one by putting a current-sounding headline on it.

2. I read this on your website today:

After his father was diagnosed with dementia in 1996, Anthony Lazzara Jr. faced a difficult decision: He either could place his father in a facility, or him and his wife could care for him themselves.

Him and his wife?
Are you kidding me? Did a third grader write this? I can't believe such a glaring and ugly grammatical error would be committed by a major news source like you. Do you not have proofreaders? Or are they third graders too? I overlook a lot of dumb stuff on your website, but this makes me want to stop reading it altogether.

3. I like your hair.

Sincerely,
Erika

No comments: