Friday, September 26, 2008

More Than Words

Two days ago, I woke up with that bubble-in-my-throat feeling that made me think I might be coming down with something. Yesterday, I again woke up with it, and it stayed.

Today, I woke up feeling mostly alright, but curiously, I have absolutely no voice. And I mean no voice at all. If I drink a glass of water, I can get a couple of words out, but I sound like one of Marge Simpson's sisters.

This rarely happens to me. I can think of only one other time it has when my voice has gone away for longer than the few minutes after I get out of bed. In a way, it's kind of nice to be alone and quiet with me. But on the other hand, it makes it a little hard when I actually have to communicate. I seem to be able to squeak out only a few letters here and there. Stella has been looking at me funny all morning long, probably because she's been hearing me say things like, ".... .... .... g.... f..... g... d...." And even I don't know what that means.

No comments: