Saturday, September 29, 2007

An Open Letter To The Salon/Spa I Visited Today

Dear Salon/Spa I Visited Today,

I have always enjoyed patronizing your establishment, be it for a haircut, manicure or, like today, a massage. Your staff has always been friendly and helpful and done a great job with whatever service I came in to have done. In fact, today's massage was a true highlight to my week.

However, you may want to reconsider the complimentary bonus services. I wasn't expecting a makeup application, so hearing that I was to get one as a complimentary bonus with my massage was a nice surprise. And it would have been a special treat, too, had I actually been able to get it. But after sitting for half an hour waiting -- while one of the makeup people was putting makeup on herself and not actually working -- I finally gave up and left and felt kind of sour about my whole visit.

And I was kind of disappointed that after offering me a free service and then making me sit and wait for it until I didn't have time to wait anymore, you didn't even offer me a certificate to come back and get it another time. It's not like I feel it's owed to me, because I wasn't even expecting it and it was free anyway, but still, since it was offered, it would have been nice it had actually been given to me.

So unless you have someone willing and available to do the complimentary service, maybe you shouldn't include it. That's all I'm saying.

Sincerely,
Erika

No comments: