Friday, September 07, 2007

And Wii're Back!

A few weeks ago, lightning hit our building, killing or maiming a couple of our electronics, including the Wii.

As I blogged then, we were lucky; unlike our neighbors, we only had a few small things fry (although I'm pretty sure our subsequent fridge failure was a result of the lightning as well). Still, I was pretty bummed about the Wii and not looking forward to paying for a new one, or even dealing with fighting for warranty coverage.

Well, my husband called Nintendo, and they promptly sent him a new power cord. They said that often times, it's just the cord that gets fried, and the actual unit is fine. Well, the new power cord arrived the other day, and the Wii started up right away.

I still suck at half of the games, but it's nice to have the opportunity to play them again.

No comments: