Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Musical Roles I'd Like To Play

Velma Kelly in Chicago -- Maybe it's all part of my secret desire to be Catherine Zeta-Jones, but also, I like the song "All That Jazz," and maybe I could learn how to dance.

Sally Bowles in Cabaret -- I can do a decent English accent, and I am, after all, a perfectly marvelous girl.

Janet in The Rocky Horror Show -- I don't actually like Rocky Horror all that much, but I do like the song "Touch-A Touch-A Touch Me."

Eva Peron in Evita -- I think it would be cool to play a real person, even though a musical is not exactly a vehicle for a realistic portrayal. But ever since I did a research paper on her in high school (and went to see the show as "research") I've liked this show. Plus I think I would look good wearing my hair in a bun and holding my arms up while I sang into a microphone.

Aldonza in Man of La Mancha -- Mostly I just want to be a part of this show, because I love it. I wouldn't really care if I didn't play the female lead, but there aren't that many female parts in this show. I wouldn't mind playing one of the women who sings "I'm Only Thinking Of Him." That's a good song.

Fruma Sarah in Fiddler On The Roof -- This was probably the first role I really saw and said yes, I must play her someday. Even before I actually started doing any acting at all. It's a pretty small part, so I have a better chance of playing her than any of the others on my list, because when it comes right down to it, I don't actually sing all that well.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've only got one. Princess Winifred the Woebegone in Once Upon A Matress. She's the kind of person I'd be if I were a princess. Or not.