Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Killing Time By Talking About Me

I saw this on someone else's blog and always like an opportunity to talk about me, even if it is just a stupid survey thing.

What's your name spelled backwards? akire

What did you do last night? Drank wine, ate pizza and made a cake. Don't bake after you've had three glasses of wine.

The last thing you downloaded onto your computer? I don't actually remember. Probably a photo.

Have you ever licked a 9 volt battery? I think a better question is, who has done this, and why?

Last time you swam in a pool? Summer 2001, but I swam in the Pacific Ocean in April. (I highly recommend it, Marla).

What are you wearing? Black slacks and a black and white striped tee shirt.

How many cars have you owned? I've driven several but only actually owned (i.e. bought and made payments on) two. The first was Phoebe, my 1998 Mazda Protege, who bravely gave her life to save mine in May 2003, and now I have Zoe Zoom-Zoom, a 2002 Mazda Protege, who is wonderful and kicks ass.


Type of music you dislike most? Hip hop. I'm not cool enough for it.

Are you registered to vote? Sure am.

Do you have cable? For now.

What kind of computer do you use? A crappy slow one at work, a crappy bare bones one at home. I'm saving for a laptop though.

Ever made a prank phone call? Yeah, but only to people who were expecting prank calls.

Would you go bungee jumping or sky diving? Nah, I'm not a thrill seeker.

Furthest place you ever traveled? I'm not sure of the mileage here, but I took a trip from Pennsylvania to England and Ireland and I also took a trip from Illinois to Maui. It's one of those.

What's your favorite comic strip? Pearls Before Swine, because there's a cute, dim-witted little pig in it.

Do you know all the words to the national anthem? I know the first verse.

Shower, morning or night? Morning.

Best movie you've seen in the past month? The Prizewinner of Defiance, Ohio

Favorite pizza toppings? onions and green peppers

Chips or popcorn? I'm not a big salty snack person, so it would depend on my mood that day.

What cell phone provider do you have? Cingular/AT&T

Have you ever smoked peanut shells? No, but I have thrown a few on the floor at restaurants that encourage that sort of behavior.

Have you ever been in a beauty pageant? No, but I have had dreams of being Mount Rose's American Teen Princess.

Orange Juice or Apple? Orange

Who were the last people you had lunch with? I mostly have lunch by myself...probably my husband.

Favorite chocolate bar? Snickers. Or just a regular Hershey bar along with some graham crackers and toasted marshmallow. Mmm. Smores.

Who is your longest friend and how long? Darcey -- first day of first grade, baby.

Last time you ate a homegrown tomato? No idea, but that sounds really good.

Have you ever won a trophy? I have! I got second place in my age group for a series of races I ran in 2004. Sure, there were only two people in my age group, but the other person was like a real runner, so I couldn't really compete with her anyway. I also got a trophy (second or third place, I forget) for a bean bag tournament, but I think we (my husband and I) just got it because we were among the last people playing beanbags that night. It wasn't really a well defined tournament.

Favorite arcade game? Skee ball.

Ever ordered from an infomercial? No, but I did a Magic Bullet as a wedding shower gift.

Sprite or 7-UP? I don't drink either one very often, so I have no preference.

Have you ever had to wear a uniform to school/work? I had a uniform when I worked at Friendly's and a smock when I worked at Greco's grocery store, but never anything for school.

Last thing you bought at Walgreens? I've no idea.

Ever thrown up in public? Oh yeah...when I was a little kid, I threw up on the steps of the Big Wrangler steakhouse. We hadn't even eaten there; we'd just walked in when I decided I had to throw up. Some old lady handed me a tissue, as if that would help. The place closed a few months later, but I don't think it had anything to do with me.

Would you prefer being a millionaire or finding true love? I've got true love, so right now, my priority is becoming a millionaire. If you only get one, I'll stick with the true love.

Do you believe in love at first sight? I believe in something like it, but I don't think people recognize it most of the time, or they think they do but don't.

Did you have long hair as a young kid? Sure did.

What message is on your voicemail machine? Nothing exciting, just the standard spiel. At least, that's if we're talking outgoing message. If we're talking incoming message, then nothing.

Where would you like to go right now? Home, to spend some quality time with my new couch and loveseat.

Whats the name of your pet? Ivan

What do you think about most? Stuff.

No comments: