Thursday, March 06, 2008

Prescription: A Pedicure and New Shoes

For almost three weeks now, I've been having pain in my left foot. I didn't hurt myself, at least not that I can remember, so the cause of the pain was truly a mystery. I thought it might just be a wear-and-tear-from-the-gym situation, but when ice and elevation did nothing, I knew it was time to go to the doctor. So this morning, I did.

The doctor took an X-Ray, and apparently, I have some sort of bone growth. How it formed I don't know, but he has a feeling whatever is going on has something to do with the fact that I have flat feet and probably don't wear the right kind of shoes. I need to go to a podiatrist to get a better diagnosis and treatment, but in the meantime, the doctor told me that soaking my foot in hot water will help with the pain. I can't get into the podiatrist for a month, but I figure I can take care of the hot water part by going to get a pedicure at one of those places with the massage chair and the bubbly water tub. And once my feet are looking pretty, I can take care of the doctor's other order and buy some cute new shoes. OK, he didn't say "cute;" he said "good quality," but just because they're comfortable and well-made doesn't mean they have to be ugly, right?

On the down side, though, he prescribed me with a pain reliever that both he and the pharmacist warned me comes with numerous tummy troubling side effects. So even though my feet may look great, they probably won't be hitting the town for awhile.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

As a woman who has suffered numerous foot problems and three surgeries...so far...I can tell you there are NO CUTE SHOES for aching feet. Get used to "Grammy" shoes.