Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Songs I Will Leap Over Things To Turn Off

"Big Yellow Taxi" I hate this song, no matter who sings it, although I hate the Amy Grant version the most because of all the "ooh, bop bop bop bop." If you really "don't know what you've got till it's gone," I'd love to find out exactly what I've got in this song.

"How To Save A Life" by The Fray. I used to think this song was nice (even after I found out it was featured on Grey's Anatomy), but after hearing it approximately 50 times within a one-week time span, I was over it, and now, just a few notes of that piano at the beginning is more than enough.

Any song with talking in it. For example, "You're Still The One" by Shania Twain. If I catch it in the middle, it's not that bad, but that intro talking she does is just annoying. Same with Kelly Clarkson's "Walk Away." I actually kind of like the song, but near the end, she screams "just leave!" and I want to.

"Bring Me To Life" by Evanescence. Not only do I not like Amy What's-her-name's voice, there's the shouting again. "Wake me up! Can't wake up!"

"New Shoes" by Paolo Nutini. I love shoes, but I find the song kind of stupid. I don't hate it as much as the others I've mentioned here, but also, the name Nutini reminds me of Nutella.

And garnering an honorable mention, even though it is not a song, per se...

"Hi, I'm here for Verizon Wireless..." Whenever I hear these words, I change the radio station, because I know that in about half a second, that annoying background music will kick in.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Any chance we can add "Steal My Sunshine" by Len to the list? I hate that song!