Thursday, April 19, 2007

Girls In White Dresses...

And the fun begins.

I feel as if I am stuck in that moment just before the rollercoaster careens down the hill, that moment of weightlessness where you realize there's nothing you can do and, for better or worse, you're about to have the ride of your life.

I find myself wishing I had just a few more days until my family arrives, so I could at least get my house clean. But my parents roll in tonight, and tomorrow will bring the rest of the relatives who are coming to celebrate this occasion.

Last night, I brought my wedding dress home. I had actually gone to pick it up on Tuesday, but the owner of the shop saw me walk in and got a panicky look on her face.

"I'm doing a bridal show this weekend, and I've been so busy getting ready for that that I completely forgot to press your dress!" she said. "Could you come back tomorrow?"

When I returned last night, my dress was ready, and to make up for my troubles, the shop owner gave me a free garter. We're not really doing the garter thing, but hey, I ought to do something bridal, right? Actually, I might have a lot more bridal in my future than I originally thought.

The dress shop owner asked me yesterday if I'm leaving for my honeymoon right away, or if I have Sunday free. Actually, the wedding is Sunday, so I'm kinda busy, but the long and short of it is, she wanted me to model for her bridal show. I'm tall, and I wear my size; my wedding dress didn't need any alterations at all, so she thinks I'd be a perfect model. In fact, she wanted to know if she could keep my name on file for the next show, sometime in May.

Well, all of that anti-bride stuff went right out the window at that comment. Of course I'd model! How fun would that be, walking the runway, looking beautiful. Yeah, I think I could handle that.

I won't lie -- I feel a bit like Marcia Brady right now. And three days before my wedding, that's not too bad.

No comments: