Friday, November 17, 2006

A Christmas Miracle

It's a Christmas miracle!

A few weeks ago, my friend Marla told me that Cadbury had released a Christmas version of my favorite candy of all time -- the Mini-Egg. Usually, the Mini-Eggs are only available at Easter, and every year, I wait patiently for Valentine's Day to be over so I can grab a purple bag full of Cadbury chocolatey goodness.

Now, don't confuse these with the Cadbury Cream Eggs, or, as I think of them, a perfectly good chocolate egg that has been ruined because it looks like someone blew their nose into it. The Cadbury Mini-Egg is a crisp sugar shell with a delicious chocolate center.

When Marla told me that Cadbury had released a Christmas version, I rushed to my local Target to find them...and couldn't! I walked the candy aisle twice and found no eggs! None!

When I reported this to my friend, she told me that they are not in the regular candy aisle, they are in the Christmas candy aisle, which in my Target is cleverly hidden between men's clothing and outdoor stuff, where I never think to go. I think they did that on purpose so that their employees can keep all the Cadbury Mini-Eggs for themselves, especially because when I did venture into that section last night, it took two or three sweeps to find them, buried in a corner on a bottom shelf. Those Target employees were trying to hide those wonderful chocolatey wonders, but I found them.

Ha ha, selfish jerks, I outsmarted you, there are no Cadbury Christmas eggs for you, so you just go home and cry and see if that helps you get into the holiday spirit.

As for me, I cracked open my bag as soon as I got home and enjoyed this little bit of Heaven, brought to me by Cadbury.

God bless us, everyone!

1 comment:

Sam said...

I love their crisp shells!