Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Going Blind

I have a blind date tonight. Yes, I'm married, but it's not that kind of date.

See, a few weeks ago, my pal Anna e-mailed me and said she had met, through a mutual friend, a couple who lives in town, was recently married and is looking for friends. She said she immediately thought of my husband and me and just knew we would get along. So tonight, we and the other couple, along with a few others (so it doesn't look like a setup, I guess) are going for drinks.

I've never been set up before, even in the traditional single boy-single girl way. And finding friends can be as difficult as finding dates sometimes, so I'm a little nervous about meeting these new people. Will we like them? Will they like us? If they turn out to be totally lame, will we be upset with Anna for thinking they'd be good friends for us?

I think it will be fine, though. Anna is a nice person and I'm sure therefore befriends nice people. (She befriended us, after all.) And even if we don't hit it off with this other couple, I'm sure they'll turn out to be pleasant enough to spend an evening with. And who knows -- perhaps this will be the start of a beautiful friendship.

No comments: