Friday, April 11, 2008

A Chance Encounter, A Missed Connection

My husband and I found the perfect couple friends, but we totally blew our chance.

On Monday evening, we were at PetSmart for obedience class, and my husband nudged me and pointed out a Boston Terrier shopping with his puppy parents. We had a few minutes before class, so Stella and I walked over to say hello.

The dog's name was Eddie, and he was exactly Stella's age. His parents were about the same age as my husband and me, and they were very nice, too. We had a pleasant chat about Boston Terriers, and then we parted ways, us for class and Eddie and his folks for parts unknown.

Later, we realized these people would have been the perfect friends for us. They were our age and nice and had an awesome dog, plus our pups could have been pals too.

I guess if we really wanted to, we could find them. I know they took obedience class at PetSmart at one point, because our trainer came by and said hi and asked how Eddie was doing. So conceivably, we could ask the trainer how to find them. But that would be creepy. So all we can hope is that we run into Eddie and his parents again.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Notebook, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://notebooks-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.