Friday, December 29, 2006

I Can Take My Hands Off My Ears...But Now I Have To Put Them Over My Eyes

Ding Dong. She's really gone.

The Shrieking Machine has left the gym. I wanted to make sure before celebrating, but after seven blissful shriek-free weeks, I think it's safe. I can't express how wonderful it is to go to the gym to relieve some stress and actually accomplish that rather than getting more edgy by the minute with shouts of "knee! knee! knee!"

There is, however, one character I wouldn't mind going the same way The Shrieking Machine did. I feel bad for even mentioning her, because while The Shrieking Machine did something that was a real disturbance, this lady annoys me for no real reason except my own cattiness.

But if I could post a photo of her, I don't think anyone would disagree with me.

I call her Didn't-Bother-To-Brush-Her-Hair-
But-Did-Take-The-Time-To-Put-On-Tights-Yes, Tights-Lady. The title is pretty self-explanatory. Why in the world would anyone wear tights to the gym? They're not any sort of athletic tights; they're just regular black tights that she wears under shorts. If she's afraid her legs will get cold, why not just wear pants? Seeing her makes my legs feel hot and itchy. And yeah, her hair always looks awful, and I have the feeling that she never actually does anything with it. I mean, I never look all that put-together at the gym -- why bother when you're just going to sweat and get gross -- but if the gym isn't the first place I've been that day, I at least have my hair brushed. Not so much with this woman.

I know it's mean of me to say, but I can't help it. She's there every time I go to the gym -- every time -- and inevitably she ends up on a machine directly in front of whatever machine I'm on, so I have no choice but to look at her. I still feel bad for getting annoyed with her, though, so I'm kind of hoping she joins a kickboxing class and starts shrieking so I have a good reason to dislike her.

No comments: