Friday, November 02, 2007

Do You Hear What I Hear?

My brother-in-law Mark told me today that a local radio station has begun playing Christmas music.

For several years (probably since before I came to Chicago) this station has played all Christmas music beginning the day after Thanksgiving, which I think most people will argue is the official start to the holiday season. But either last year or the year before, they began the Christmas jamboree earlier.

Most folks roll their eyes about Christmas coming earlier every year, but I for one don't mind all that much. I'm not really in the mood for Christmas yet, but what the heck? Christmas is my favorite time of year, and since January, February and March don't offer much in the way of holidays or decent weather, I don't see a problem with making the most of what comes before.

Which is why I also plan to stake out the candy aisle of Target to get the first bag of the Christmas Cadbury Mini Eggs that hits the shelves.

1 comment:

hellokitty9276 said...

i saw our sacred candy last night (when i was buying the ingredients for caramel smores brownies) and i thought of you.....