Saturday, November 17, 2007

Baby, It's Cold Outside

I'm in trouble.

It's only November, and I am freezing. Not miserable, not yet, but it's chilly enough outside to make me break out the flannel jammies and warm socks. And that's not all.

I have an addiction to hot baths. It seems to be the only way I can get warm on chilly nights. I crank up the heat in my condo, turn on the humidifier and cuddle under blankets, but I've got a constant underlying chill in my bones unless I take a near-to-scalding bath or shower in the evening.

It's not a good idea; I'm going to make my skin dry out even more than it usually does in the winter, and my water bill is going to be astronomical. But I can't help it. I just can't get warm without a hot bath, and once I take one, I'm comfortable for the rest of the night.

If I feel this way now, though, I wonder how I'm going to feel in February. I might have to start warming my clothes in the dryer too.

No comments: