Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Hanging on the Telephone

Last night, I got a phone call from Steve at the expensive gym.

"Hey, Erika, I just wanted to know if you'd made a decision yet and if you're ready to come on in and sign up."

My first inclination was to be annoyed, but then I realized it would make a funny blog entry. It's been a long time since a man has pursued me this heavily, even for money.

Still, I knew I had to be firm.

"As I told you before, I can't afford your monthly fee." I was on my way out the door when the phone rang, so I probably sounded more annoyed than I actually was. Which probably worked in my favor, because rather than tell me it would only cost me $8 for the rest of the month if I signed up today, Steve simply told me to call him if I changed my mind.

I'm not likely to change my mind. But ten bucks says that Steve will call again, just to check.

1 comment:

hellokitty9276 said...

Perhaps you should tell him he really looks like a movie star and he's in the wrong line of work. There's probably no need to tell him that he resembles one of the ugliest movies stars ever. That would just be mean.