Monday, August 25, 2008

Products I Would Totally Endorse If I Got Famous

1. Colgate Total -- I have long sung the praises of this fantastic toothpaste that not only makes my mouth feel clean but keeps it feeling clean until the next time I eat. I once wrote a letter to the company telling them how much I liked it (I write nice consumer letters too, you know). I was kind of hoping they'd send me some free toothpaste, but they didn't.

2. Tofutti products -- The company's founder, David Mintz, initially started working with tofu as a way to keep kosher, but the fruits of his labor have long benefited the lactose intolerant as well. All of the Tofutti products I've had have been pretty good, close enough to the real thing that in a few years I probably won't remember what the real thing tastes like anymore.

3. Pantene spray conditioner -- For years, I searched in vain for a product that made my hair soft and shiny. I asked a coworker, whose wife had lovely hair, if he knew what she used, and he told me about this product. Since then, even with my worst haircuts and dye jobs, I've had silky locks with a fabulous shine.

4. Mentos -- I don't think I've ever actually had Mentos, but I would like to do one of those commercials where I'm in a tough situation, pop a Mentos and quickly solve the problem, afterward turning to the camera with a triumphant smile.

5. Lion Brand Homespun Yarn -- It's a nice yarn, and since Vanna White has her own yarn, maybe it's time for other yarns to have spokespeople.

No comments: