Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Human Error, Superhero Disgrace

It's a good thing I'm not really a customer service superhero, because the tabloids would be having a field day right now.

Yesterday, I was out shopping on my lunch hour and decided to buy a shirt. When the clerk rang it up, the price was about seven dollars more than the sale price I'd seen listed on the rack. That happens fairly often in this store, but the clerks never you give you a hard time when you bring it up, so I mentioned the price difference to him and he re-rang it at the lower price.

Today, I went back to the same store and, just for the heck of it, cruised by the rack where the shirt I bought was displayed and checked the price. It turns out, I was the one who had been wrong. The more expensive price had been correct; I must have been looking at the wrong sign or the wrong listed price.

The shirt was kind of overpriced even at what I paid, but I still felt bad. I guess if I felt bad enough, I would return the shirt, get what I paid back, then re-buy the same shirt at the more expensive price, but that would be a little excessive, I think. But I had to clear my shopping karma somehow, so I bought another shirt, this one also overpriced, and paid what it was actually supposed to cost.

1 comment:

hellokitty9276 said...

let me offer a guess.....kohls or target?