Tuesday, September 20, 2011

So Delicious? So Awesome!

I've shared on this blog many stories of bad customer service, but today, I want to write about one of the best customer service experiences I've had in a long time.

A few months ago, I bought a pint of Purely Decadent Peanut Butter Zig Zag non-dairy frozen dessert. I am a sucker for chocolate and peanut butter, and ice cream is one of my most missed dairy treats. But to my dismay, when I opened the container, it looked and tasted like dairy free chocolate ice cream. There was no peanut butter anywhere.

I took my problem to Twitter, lamenting that my peanut butter was missing. It wasn't long before I received a reply from So Delicious, the maker of the product. It said something like, "We found your peanut butter. Please contact us so we can return it to its rightful owner."

So I did. I sent them an email, thanking them for not only acknowledging my complaint but doing so with grace and humor. And yesterday, I came home to an envelope containing a bunch of coupons, including two for free products.

It was a very cool response from a very cool company. Now, if you'll excuse me, I've got a reunion planned with some peanut butter.

No comments: