Wednesday, November 05, 2008

An Open Letter To Barack Obama

Dear Mr. President-Elect,

I'm sure you're hearing from many people today who want to tell you congrats on the whole White House thing, so I'll make this note brief. But I wanted to talk to you about that puppy you promised your daughters last night.

I don't know if you and the missus have looked into it at all, but if you haven't decided on a breed yet, I want to cast my vote for the Boston Terrier. If you research the breed on the American Kennel Club's Web site, you'll find that BTs are described as "conveying an impression of determination, strength and activity." Which is exactly what you want to do as president, so I think getting a Boston would make a nice statement.

Plus they're really cute, and I think people would really like seeing a little BT chasing a ball on the White House lawn.

I know you're busy preparing to run the country and stuff, but if you have a second, please peruse my posts about my own Boston Terrier, Stella, and make sure you look at her pictures. You can't have her, of course, but if you get a BT and want to have Stella come over for play dates, I'm sure we could work something out.

Sincerely,
Erika

2 comments:

hellokitty9276 said...

You would really be a die hard supporter if you volunteered your puppy up to the new first family.

aren't you drinking enough of the Barack kool-aid to give him your puppy?

I think Stel might be a little overwhelmed over at the white house. And she would miss her Ikea kitchen table/chew toy.

Anonymous said...

If he follows through with that play date be sure to introduce me ;-)