Thursday, August 31, 2006

Ernesto, Here I Come!

Just when I thought I was ready.

I have worked all week to prepare for my trip to Ocean City, and I was just about ready, and then...Ernesto.

Tropical Storm Ernesto is scheduled to hit Ocean City about the same time we do and hang around all weekend, bringing rain and winds of 40 miles per hour.

Swell beach vacation I'm going to have.

I am pretty bummed that my first beach vacation since age 14, my second beach vacation ever, is going to be wrecked by a stupid tropical storm. I am also a little bit worried that it's going to be worse than it sounds and my family is going to end up in danger. I plan to keep my eyes and ears open for anything and hightail it out of Ocean City should things look the slightest bit scary. Weather is not to be trifled with; in these battles, it often wins.

But every cloud has a silver lining, and mine is this.

The weather forecast being what it is, it's pretty unlikely I'll be needing to put on a bathing suit!

No comments: